Thursday, September 20, 2007

My FIRST Poetic Moment...

Ever since I started my blog (to be honest, which was not that very long ago) I suddenly find a side of me that I have never know. I find it rather therapeutic, I get to say what I want and I get to express myself. It also makes me more conscious of my writing(spelling and grammar too!) and more recently I actually FELT poetic! So please forgive me if my first attempt at being poetic if it doesn't turn out so well. But well, cut some slack for your new fellow blogger's first attempt at being poetic. Hope you enjoy this below...

In Need of a Title

He greets me with a morning kiss,
So eager am I to see him,
Off we go to an adventure,
We seek for so long

He smiles at me,
Smile at me with his eyes,
So deep is his smile,
I almost get teary looking at him

As we arrive,
The sun was beaming at us,
Alas, the weather has changed to dark skiesh,
But it doesn't change how I feel

On the bed we lie,
Watching the rain fall,
My head on his shoulders,
His arms around me, my hands on his chest

As the rain trickle down the roof,
The gentle breeze blowing in our faces,
Our eyes shutting off,
Bout to go dreamland somewhere far away together

As I awoke still lying on his shoulders,
I can hear his gentle snore,
His face so sweet,
Not realizing I am staring, while he's asleep

Never wanting this moment to end,
I do not wake him up
and continue to watch my dear sleeping
Looking so peaceful

He winks at me,
So cheeky he is which gives tugs my heart,
Don't think he realizes it,
Oh heart, pls don't stop for a moment, I can't take it


If only he knew how he affects me sometimes,
This I don't tell him,
And how I want to pinch him sometimes,
But I don't mean bad, this he knows, I think...


As we set off for our journey home,
My heart is heavy,
Not wanting this to ever end,
Our escape from reality is ending

I miss him right the moment before I go to bed,
I see him in my dreams,
I think of him first thing when I wake up,
My dear, I miss you every moment I am not with you

So if you will hear me out,
Make some space for me,
Space in your heart I have yet to earn,
I promise I won't break it...

I was inspired to write this, so please do give me your comments and constructive criticism. And please give me some suggestions for a title for my first poetic attempt.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Spikey, that poem was real sweet... like a scene from a romantic movie :) I'm no poet though... so I can't really give much feedback. no idea on a title either. Sorry ^_^

SpikeySpikey said...

annabel - Thanks! Just trying to do something new. Do try to get more ppl to come in and read it :)

Pike-chan said...

wow~~~~ the poem was a real charmer!! romantic too... and i know how u feel missing ur dear.. cos me missing mine too...

and i like watching my dear when asleep, hahaha...

as for the title?? hmmm...

Weird Dan said...

Wow... poetic eh... looks like got another poetic kaki.. I do poetries sometimes under my poetic category

SpikeySpikey said...

pikey - So how? Ok huh for first try? Give some suggestions for title!!! Does your dear know you watch her sleep? :)

Daniel - I went to check out your pblog's poetry section. hehehe.. very funny :) Thanks for dropping by

Pike-chan said...

hahahaha... ya... he knows sometimes i watch him sleep and then he will suddenly wake up and scared me up, hahaha

Pike-chan said...

the title? A Mesmerizing Sight...

Pike-chan said...

eh.... can delete the 12.16PM comment entry? thanks.

Then you can remove this comment entry oso :P

Anonymous said...

Nice poem but why so long...People will only read half way la...

sharlydia said...

nice try! but i agree with "the owner" that this is just a lil bit too long...make it shorter will be sweet i guess...

zewt said...

noticed that all your entries are written in the afternoon or evening but this is written in the peak of the night... must be an emotional one eh?

the appropriat title could be..."Me and He".