Sunday, September 30, 2007

Met, Mingled and Still Single...

I had an interesting outing 2 nights ago. One of my colleagues invited us to one of these events he came across "Meet, Mingle & Match" It was one of those event where all singles get to go and meet new people. It was my first time coming across something like that and since he pre-registered us, so a few of us decided to go with it. Please take note that some of us weren't "Single"

Got there quite late... we were offered name tags,(in sticker form). Which I refused. So 1 out of 5 of us decide to entertain the organizers and took one.(which he didn't display). We sat down, the boys walked out to smoke and left me and another girl behind and the moment they walked off some guy walked over and sat down. It felt like the speed dating(Sex & and the City) for a minute there, introduce himself, and I guessed his profession on one guess. Accountant! He says to me "Wow, do you have a high IQ or something?" Somebody PUH-LEASE save me! His face and overall appearance shouts "I am an accountant!" Sorry no offense to any accountants out there.

Then came another guy whom I think is confused, "Look dude, having an accent isn't exactly going to turn me on, but Aussie and Scottish?" I think he was trying to impress or maybe trying to be funny, I am not sure. There were many very different characters and it is almost funny and interesting observing other people. Could have observe more if I didn't have people yabbering at me. My friend took a shot at chatting up a German girl, dunno what came out of that, maybe next time I have something else to post up on this :)

Does this really work? I am trying to keep an open mind here. Anyway, my friends and I kept together, sat by ourselves and we all went home, by ourselves. So we've met, sort of mingled and DEFINITELY still single. I rest my case...

5 comments:

Pike-chan said...

oh well.... sometimes fate plays a part in a relationship...

Weird Dan said...

Hmm... u know those that participate in this stuffs, sometimes are a bit kind of weird. I lose my weirdness to them HAHAHA!!

But who knows, I might try and see what's all this about

SpikeySpikey said...

pikey - Fate indeed... :)

danielctw - there were weird ppl there for sure. but hey, everyone was indeed quite friendly and made friends with each other so... let me know if and when you do try k

sharlydia said...

haha, I bet this was a funny experience for u? I heard of this type of speed dating stuff when my sis-in-law worked part-time for a team organizing "dinner-for-six" every weekend. Somehow I think these pple are just desperate to find a partner or something...

zewt said...

what about me? do i look like an accountant to you?