Sunday, September 9, 2007

First Kiss...

I have had this conversation with several people and so exactly when is it acceptable to have the first kiss with the particular girl or guy? First date? Third date?

I had a friend once who was going out with this guy and I believe after the 3rd or 4th date he attempted to kiss her when sending her home, she gave a big reaction by shouting "NO", with both her hands up and leaned back towards the door on the passenger seat side. It doesn't seem so funny when I am telling you here, but it was very hillarious when she was telling me WITH the actions included.

My two cents worth, if you are already friends with the person prior to the date/dates and you guys got the connection and all the chemistry works, first date seems pretty reasonable, but then again you will meet those aggressive ones who will attempt everything... LOL. However, in general, new people, dating, first date is a NO NO for me. Probably AT LEAST third date, depending on the progression of the "relationship" :) Well, do let me know what you "think" or experience :)

3 comments:

J.T. said...

I guess the first kiss happens depending if there is a connection or chemistry between the couple. Some people can go on many dates and, at least one party, will still not feel anything. Thus, the reluctance of locking lips. :D

Of course, some steal kisses which can either completely shock or pleasantly surprise the other person.

The first kiss is like a box of chocolates... you will never know what you will get out of it. :D

Unknown said...

I say we should do it only if it feels right. Don't feel obligated to kiss just because it's a 1st date with a friend, or because it's been 3-4 dates and you feel bad for holding off for so long, or you're afraid he/she will lose interest if you don't do it soon. If they really want to be with you, they will wait. Your friend obviously did not feel comfortable being kissed yet.

sharlydia said...

i'm a rather conservative person, so i probably wont do the kissing on my first date. well it depends on the feeling, chemistry & progression, it may not even happen on the 3rd date for me! this will test the patience & sincerity of the guy too to certain extend...hehe!