Tuesday, September 11, 2007

MoRoNs and lifts...

I think more than a few people can relate to this matter. I work in a building where I park at the underground parking and I work at the highest, or rather the 2nd highest floor and the MOST annoying thing is... when you are in a hurry or really late for an appointment or late to see "the boss", for some strange REASON that's when people get into the lift between the floors underground parking and my floor.

THE WORST kinds are where they get into the lift in between the floors AND it's only to go up one floor. Get out of my way! I can see some of you nodding to my post so far? Lol... I have also experience those where they press the wrong floors, come on buddy... surely you know where you are going already when you entered the lift.

There are also those where they run towards the lift get in and hang on the the "OPEN DOOR" button to wait for their friends to board the lift and their companions would MOST LIKELY be slowly strolling or leisurely walking in. Well, HELLO! Do we ALL have to wait for your friends too?

Last but not least are those who LEAN against the buttons. There is THREE other panels in the lift without the buttons, can't you at least lean there instead of leaning and accidentally pressing all the floors.

I rest my case. Pls do share your thoughts with me.

8 comments:

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

hahaha..yes those lazy buggers..
i didnt know ppl still visit my defunt blog..i got another foodie blog at lotsofcravings.blogspot.com

more active over there..thanks for dropping by

J.T. said...

Oh yes... those morons! haha

You mentioned some good examples. What I cannot stand is when they use the lift just to get to the next level up. I realise staircases are lonely and sometimes it is better for women to just take the lift but men... come on. One floor... walk!

And .. holding the door open for other friends to get in. I am sure they can wait for the next one. I find it ironic that they can make someone in the lift wait for all their friends to board (especially after lunch when they are walking leisurely) but they cannot do the same when it comes to waiting for the next lift.
(it is okay to inconvenience others but not themselves)

SpikeySpikey said...

Joe - Guess what? You are the 1st person to visit my blog and made a comment. You have de-virginize me! Oops... I mean my blog! Lol... Thanks. Saw your other blog. Interesting, like your defunt blog though, it's funny!

J.T. - Hey, thanks for dropping by my blog. I liked yours. I am new in the blogging world. Still learning. Pls come back again soon :)

Unknown said...

Totally agree about the lifts... I don't take lift unless I'm going up more than 3 floors. Save time and stay fit! Take the stairs. And also breathe cleaner air in case someone farts in the lift! LoL!

SpikeySpikey said...

Annabel - That's very considerate of you. Well, havent' personally experienced fart in an enclosed lift. Hope I don't have to. You didn't grant access to your profile, so I didn't get to view your blog. Do leave me your blog site ya :)

SpikeySpikey said...

Annabel - That's very considerate of you. Well, havent' personally experienced fart in an enclosed lift. Hope I don't have to. You didn't grant access to your profile, so I didn't get to view your blog. Do leave me your blog site ya :)

Unknown said...

Spikey, I don't have a blogger account... my blog site is...

http://www.annabelsim.com

sharlydia said...

i read this similar experience in one of zewt's posts - funny! but well, that's why we called them morons right? hahaha!