Friday, February 15, 2008

New Year New Resolutions and New Disappointments

The entry below is a wee bit outdated, however I am back on my feet with my blog and should see more regular frequent updates. :)

I have been BAD in 2007, neglecting my dear blog. I am going to try to be more diligent this year and maintain my blog regularly. As every year that pass, in December I will come up with a list of resolutions and goals which I want to achieve or do the following year and MOST of the time, I dun even achieve HALF of them. But given my GUNG-HO-ness I still come up with a mini list every year, some things replicate from the year before cause I don’t see to get to do it or achieve it. I read in Zewt’s(whom I had the pleasure to meet over the a Christmas party I was invited to, but this is another story) blog regarding the send a letter to yourself at the beginning of the year and get your friend to send it back to you at the end of the year. At least this way I can keep track of what I said and whether I did it or not

I usually type my blogs in a word document first then later will post it up. Sometimes I would have typed a post halfway left it in my computer for a few days/weeks before attending to it again. So this is my confession, at this very moment that I am typing this it is at least more than 1 month has passed since I started this particular post. This SHOULD be one of my new year’s resolutions to at least be diligent to finish what I started and of course take good care of my dear old blog.

The year started with a few disappointments namely a job role I didn’t want to start off with, some boy problems, a pay cut(not really a pay cut, but my percentage of fix vs variable shifted), and very OVERMHELMING new boss and a few others too minor to mention. I am however learning to adapt to take and handle whatever life throws my way and look at it positively. I assure you, that you will hear from me regularly from here onwards. *fingers crossed*

8 comments:

FireWire said...

*fingers and toes crossed*

zewt said...

start writing and then trying to complete it later is no no no...

SpikeySpikey said...

firewire - you better come see my blog regularly and you can leave me nasty comments to remind me if it is not updated. Lol...

zewt - yiaks... any pointers. I am such a procasinator! I got tons of materials to write!

sharlydia said...

hey! why write offline? Just get to the blog & start writing it & tell urself: today i wanna write about abc & i'm gonna finish it in 20 mins time!

disappointments are everywhere, just dont take them to heart. I'm sure there were good happy things too which came in with 2008 so far, which worth some mention? What about ur nice beijing trip? What about the new friends u made? etc etc...

am surely hoping to see more updates on the blog! I know u can do it, with the many stories & materials u have to write...

zewt said...

it's april... but still not too late... just take a night off... all alone... and write...

SpikeySpikey said...

Zewt - Thank you for the encouragement. I will do just that. I love your blog! :)

SpikeySpikey said...

Zewt - Thank you for the encouragement. I will do just that. I love your blog! :)

zewt said...

you're welcome... and dont stop blogging...