Thursday, October 25, 2007

Bestest Friends?

We all have in our lives at least one or more good friends and perhaps one or more best friends? I have been shot down by my friends about this. I have more than one BEST friend. Is that a crime?

Ok here is how it goes… over the years as you are growing up and going through different phases in life, high school, college, universities, first job, 2nd job etc… you meet new people along the way whom you befriends with that you get along really well. It could be due to the same work you guys do, or maybe you went through something which brought you guys closer.

So I have a best friend from high school, then 2 girls whom I was really close to in college. Then I went to Melbourne for 4 years and became really close to this other girl. When I came back I met back another old school friend, whom then I became really close with. Some of these people I do not hang out with on a regular basis but I can tell you at anytime if we call each other out for coffee and we can sit down and have a really good chat. I also have BEST FRIENDS whom I hang out with every week, go partying with... Then when you are at work, you will find yourself getting close to different group of people, and I being the bestfriend slut have a OFFICE bestfriend.

So I have like a list of BEST FRIENDs whom people tells me that it’s “BEST” so there can only be one. But I got a office bestfriend, Uni bestfriend, college bestfriend etc... Can someone please share my sentiments and I have further explain to my friends? :)

1 comment:

sharlydia said...

hahaha! u just made ur best friends feel bad & non-exclusive that's all! hahaha...

I guess this is normal. But many of us dont call these friends u described as BEST friends, mayb just say CLOSE friend. Well then u can have really many close friends!

I have a really close friend from school who has now migrated to US but still in touch. I have close frineds from uni, high school, workplace, church, etc! But not many of them qualifies as BEST friend! But again, that's just now u define it lar...